Making A New Friend

English Task

Make a conversation about making a new friend!

One day inside of a subway, a girl named Katie was searching for a seat that is not taken. Then, she found an empty seat beside an old woman who was reading a book. 

Katie: "Excuse me, ma'am. Is this seat taken?"
Julie: "Oh! No, it's not."
Katie: "Do you mind if I sit here?"
Julie: "Of course not. Go ahead!"
Katie: "Thank you, ma'am. I'm Katie by the way."
Julie: "Hello! I'm Julie."
Katie: "It's very nice to meet you, ma'am."
Julie: "Likewise. So, where are you going Katie?"
Katie: "I'm going to Times Square ma'am and.. that is the next stop."
Julie: "What a coincidence! I'm going to Times Square too."
Katie: "Yeah? What are you going to do there ma'am?"
Julie: "Oh enough with all the 'ma'am' please. I'm going to meet my granddaughter there."
Katie: "Really? What are you guys going to do there?"
Julie: "Yeah, we were planning to watch Hamilton."
Katie: "Oh my gosh! I love Hamilton! And Lin Manuel Miranda is the best!"
Julie: "Yeah, my granddaughter can't stop yapping about him" 
*Laughs.
Katie: "I do hope you enjoy it though!"
Julie: "I certainly will. So have you watched it, Katie?"
Katie: "Of course! I watched it just about a month ago."
Julie: "Did you enjoyed it?"
Katie: "Very much, it even brought me to tears."
Julie: "Wow, now you're making me excited about it."
Katie: "I'm glad."

They both smiled.
Katie: "So ma'am, Are you from this area?"
Julie: "Yes, I live in a building in Soho. Where do you live?"
Katie: "That's impressive! I actually live near to Times Square.

“Ladies and gentlemen:We are arriving at Times Square. As you exit please be careful of the gap between the platform and the train."


Julie: "I really enjoyed our chat."
Katie: "Me too ma'am! Let me give you my number. If you're ever in the area again it'd be great to meet up."
Julie: "Oh thank you! I certainly will call you sometime and maybe bring my granddaughter and grandson too."
Katie: "That'd be great ma'am! It was really nice meeting you. I hope to see you again."
Julie: "Have a great day!"
Katie: "You too, ma'am! Goodbye!"








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plan

About Me

Flora & Fauna